I know you got our email yesterday (below) so we’ll keep this brief:
• Donations made at 8 am ET will be matched by Facebook up to a certain point.
• For the rest of us who are not early birds, just go ahead and jump in when you can.
• Our greatest need is a $29 monthly sponsorship for one of the students in our all girls primary school.
• Then go about the rest of the day with a big smile on your face because you have CHANGED A LIFE.
#GivingTuesday is one of our favorite days of the year — following Thanksgiving, #BlackFriday, #SmallBusinessSaturday, and #CyberMonday.On this #GivingTuesday (Nov. 30), Facebook will match $8 million in qualifying donations (so if you can donate right at 8 am ET on Tuesday, we have the best chance of being matched!).
This #GivingTuesday, you can change an entire life. How many days can you say that?
• For $350 a year/$29 a month, you can sponsor an entire year’s education for a student at our all girls primary school. This includes every piece of her education: teacher salaries, books, a backpack, school supplies, school uniform, and breakfast and lunch each day. THIS CURRENTLY IS OUR GREATEST NEED. Our goal is to find sponsors for 21 girls on #GivingTuesday.
• For $150, you can fund a sewing machine for one of our sewing school graduates. Once our sewing school students complete our six-month program, we give them a sewing machine to start their own business. 99% of our 700+ graduates are still in business.
• For $33, you can buy breakfast & lunch for one of our primary school students for three months. Most kids in Eastern Congo eat one meal a day. We decided to do things differently when we opened our all girls primary school. A fed body and brain is a working body and brain.
We hope you are making your #GivingTuesday plans today for all of your favorite non-profits. And we hope you will consider Congo Restoration on this most special day. Please let me know if you have any questions.
Thank you for lifting up these girls and women!